Monday, June 13, 2011

Bad (Worst?) dining experience!

I got to say I haven't been in the best of shape. Things are not going well and am feeling helpless especially towards those that are out of my control. MG said I shouldn't worry too much and should let go a little because there's nothing I can do about it. I wish I could.

& salt is added to the wound - I had a terrible meal yesterday. It was so bad and I wonder why the restaurant is still around (I am not cursing okay).

First of all, I asked if they have WIFI, a young lady told me yes and passed me a small piece of paper with the password. The problem with the paper was, bad handwriting and she didn't tell me the connection name. A guy came over to take order, he's wearing an apron with short pants and a pair of slippers. As if he's supposed to work in the kitchen, he couldn't speak proper Cantonese and from the way he speaks I think he's not well trained at all to serve a customer.

Something like this plus an apron
When the food arrived, I smelled curry. The rice came separately in another bowl and I started to worry. This is not Korean style bibimbap at all! I questioned them and apparently they sent me the wrong food. There're only two customers  in the whole shop yet they made this kind of mistake. It's not the worst yet, my nightmare came when they served me the "REAL" bibimbap. It looks fine before I mix it but when I did, I regretted.

Look at the amount of fungus and sauce -_-
They provided too much sauce and the sauce tasted so weird! It's supposed to be Korean style sauce but it tasted like curry sauce and I am pretty sure they added curry powder. Can you imagine tasting Indian curry in Korean food? The vegetables consist of 90% of fungus instead of the standard veges we got for bibimbap.

At the end, I only manage to eat 5-10% of the rice?

By the way, the restaurant is Swan Lake Korean Stone Pot at Sri Petaling. Some of the feedback I found online:

Click to view a larger version

NEVER AGAIN -.-

If we're not willing to settle for junk living, we certainly shouldn't settle for junk food.  ~Sally Edwards

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm.. I ll not go to that restaurant. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. yuks...
    I know fungus is mu er... but really relate me to the geli fungus..the real fungus get it?

    LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats really honest experience and thank you for letting others know. I can imagine the feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lim: I will never go again >.<
    Ken: Yeah, bad mistake on a bad mood day.
    WS: hahaha, I get what you mean. Hope you are enjoying ur SG trip now:p
    Nava.K: NP. I should have read the reviews first before I go :).

    ReplyDelete