Thursday, June 2, 2011

Pandan-Lemongrass-Ginger Drink

It's a beautiful night~ we are looking for something dumb to do ~ ...you guess the rest. The song that I am listening now, MG calls it "a song with stupid lyrics" lol but you can't deny the music is catchy.

I was having a sweet tooth last night. Eliminated food from the craving list (on diet, you wouldn't believe how much weight I've put on), I can only go for drinks. No soft drinks and I would prefer something healthier, hence decided to make use of the ingredients that are available at home.

So, I ended up with the Pandan-Lemongrass-Ginger drink (or you can call it the Lemongrass-Pandan-Ginger or Ginger-Lemongrass-Pandan or Pandan-Ginger...haha, I know you feel like slapping me already, better stop). Ahem, so back to the drink:

The ingredients: 2 stalks lemongrass (clean it with water and bruise the bulb to get the most taste out of it), 4-5 pandan leaves and a few slices of ginger. (Please ignore the stamp border -_-)
Add 2 cups of water (you can add more if you dislike heavy taste), boil with low heat for about 15 minutes. Then add another half cup of water, boil for another 15 - 30 minutes (I prefer heavy taste so I boil it longer).

Add sugar (when the water is boiling). Around 3-4 teaspoon. (you can use any type of sugar but as I said I prefer something healthier)
Tadah! Here you go, you can add a stalk of lemongrass as deco. You can drink it hot or with ice.

The above recipe can serve up to 2 glasses of drinks (around that la...haha). Just multiply if you want more. The drink helps in improving digestion and lemongrass, according to some research kills cancer cell. For more information, you can refer to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cymbopogon

I personally love the drink a lot because it is easy to make and the ingredients are easily available (coz my mom plants both pandan leaves and lemongrass, maybe I should get her to plant the ginger too...hmm) or else you can get it from the market.

That's all for now! (Suddenly I feel the pain of blogging again...lost for words T_T).

The belly rules the mind.  ~Spanish Proverb

2 comments:

  1. A very refreshing drink and my type too with the lemony taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree. A refreshing drink especially on a hot day!

    ReplyDelete