Sunday, June 5, 2011

My weekend

It was supposed to be a weekend to Johor Bahru to visit Fei and MG would go for his wedding lunch. However due to unforeseen circumstances, we have to cancel the trip. I was quite disappointed as I've not been going anywhere recently, staying at home most of the time.

MG came to my place on Sat morning, dilly dally for a while and we headed to PJ for lunch. We went to Old Town (not the kopitiam) for hawker food. The hawker stalls are within walking distance to our primary school. My parents used to bring me there for breakfast every Sunday after my drawing classes (too bad, I am not talented in drawing. Drawing the same stick-man for 3-years -.-, shame to face my teacher). I particularly love the Chee Cheong Fun and the prawn mee! The price is  slightly cheaper compare to other hawker stalls out there. 

Me eating my favorite Chee Cheong Fun (noodles)

MG's prawn mee

That's our primary school!

We decided to go to Empire Subang Jaya after lunch and we saw this:

The tallest indoor spiral tube slide. A tad expensive though, RM 12 per entry. 

I didn't try, my kiasuness tells me it's not worth paying RM 12 for it. Ended up with a dress and a pair of aviator sun shades. Thanks to my sugar daddy.

Spent my Sunday working and went for dinner with the Lepak Gang. Thanks Yap for spending us Jap dinner at Hanazen, Jaya One & it was my first time trying Ochazuke, rice with tea:

The salmon is just nice but somehow I feel that the dish has been amended to cater the locals. They provided clear soup instead of the traditional green tea.

We adjourned to Old Town Kopitiam after dinner to continue with our chit-chatting sessions. Seeing how time flies and everyone is settling down one-by-one, another two couples in our gang will be ringing the wedding bell next year. The first baby in our gang will arrive in less than two weeks time!

Gonna end this post with a random pic:

Fake coconuts. Look real from far.

Sometimes I feel that life is passing me by, not slowly either, but with ropes of steam and spark-spattered wheels and a hoarse roar of power or terror.  It's passing, yet I'm the one who's doing all the moving.  ~Martin Amis, Money

No comments:

Post a Comment